Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Joey Infinity Scarf




This week I released a new knitting pattern "Joey Infinity Scarf." It is worked flat on straight needles and can be closed with 4-5 buttons.


These fabulous tree buttons are from Wooly Moss Roots.



I have made quite a few of these infinity scarves over the Fall & Winter and I have been testing them out and wearing them everywhere :) I wanted to make sure of the sizes before releasing the pattern. The greenish brown version is made with two skeins of Tosh DK (450 yards).  I alternated skeins as I worked that version.

The gray or "Slate" version is out of Miss Babs Yowza Whatta Skein! This version used one skein (560 yards).  I love the Yowza because I didn't have to alternate skeins and I loved the length of it.




I have also made quite a few versions of this pattern in a cowl length.  I didn't include the information for the cowl sizes in the pattern, but I did include notes on the pattern page for making it cowl size.  I suggest having at least 225 yards of a DK or lightly worsted weight yarn. Work to desired length and then work the button band.


On the cowl I secured the top button approximately 7" from the edge. Then I buttoned the other three buttons.  This makes the cowl a funnel shape and It really shows off the buttons and is so comfy to wear.




These infinity scarves work up quickly and I think they make a great gift.  I also love the excuse to hunt for good buttons at fiber festivals :) 


6 comments:

harknessangels said...

Beautiful...lovely! Added this to my Rav queue!

Anke said...

Very pretty and the buttons are the perfect touch!

Iris said...

Wow, beautiful scarf! The buttons really make it!

Julie said...

that scarf cowl is absolutely beautiful!! What an amazing pattern, you did a fantastic job!

Leanne Coppola said...

Beautiful...the scarf and Ryan! It's nice to have beautiful friends :)

Debbie said...

I love this scarf and the buttons really add something to it.