Friday, September 25, 2015

Fit Along Friday

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you have had a great week. I did! I am still following the Turbo Fire Advance class schedule and loving every minute of it. I also took a Yoga class this week. This was my second official yoga class on land... I did take one on a SUP a few weeks ago.  The karate studio that my kids go to has started doing a Yoga class at a time that I can go to. I LOVE it. It is fun to get out and work out with friends.  Turbo Fire and Piyo have made my core so strong it is amazing the things I am able to do in Yoga class.

I have been hesitant to do Yoga because I was nervous I wouldn't be doing the positions right. Now that I am taking classes with an instructor and given the proper guidance I can do so many cool things!!! In my first class I learned how to do a headstand. I was so proud of myself I took a video when I got home.


Now I can do headstands and I can lower my feet just about until I touch the ground and then back up. I am developing so many after dinner tricks it is amazing :) It is amazing what I can do with my Turbo Fire & Piyo abs!  I am amazed at what the human body is capable of. 

WHAT WE ARE EATING-
For eating this past week (since I never posted last Friday... sorry) we had Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein. I really loved it. I made a big batch of it and divided it up into containers and had it for lunch for three days. I modified the recipe by cooking chicken thighs in the slow cooker and then cutting them up into bite sizes and adding them to the Chow Mein. I also used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. By my husband did add Bragg's Liquid Aminos.


I'm going to make Paleo Sweet Potato Sloppy Joes for dinner tonight and I plan on having it for lunch for the weekend. Yum!!


FITNESS TIP #5- Walk first don't run.

If you are just starting out working out start slow! If you are just beginning your fitness journey I suggest taking 20 minute walks for six days a week. Do that for two weeks. Then when you feel up to it run for ten minutes and walk for ten minutes. Do that for a week. Then when you feel up to it run for 20 minutes and walk for 10 minutes.  Add time until you are up to 45 minutes.  This will get you body used to moving. If you over train you will only be hurting yourself. Your body will be starving for calories and you will overeat. By starting slow you can work on adjusting your eating habits. Don't sabotage yourself by starting with a 40 minute jog and then over eat at dinner. Take it slow and I promise you'll see results! Before you know it you'll be in a Turbo Fire Class in the best shape of your life!!!!

ON ANOTHER NOTE-
Beachbody is running a promotion on PiYo this month. I love everything about PiYo.


If you want to join me in my Fit Along here are the steps:


Have a great weekend! See you next Friday.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

you are doing a good job andee!!!!