Friday, October 2, 2015

Fit Along Friday

Brrrr it got cold here at the Jersey Shore. We are experiencing a LOT of rain right now and we are keeping our eye out for Hurricane JoaquinBecause the weather is so bad we had to cancel our camping trip planned for this weekend. Boo Hoo. We were really looking forward to flash light corn mazes, Jack Hanna's Wild Animals LIVE, amusement park rides and lots of family fun.

But to make it up to the kids we made a weekend fill with lots of other fun and we are going to pick them up from school today so they don't have to ride on the bus. They are thrilled about that!

I took another Yoga class this week and I really enjoyed it. I feel like Yoga is like school. You are expected to follow the instructor and do the poses correctly. I always feel like I'm not doing them right, but I know over time I'll get better. For now I will just keep looking around the room and trying to copy everyone else. The class sizes have been small. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. The good part of a smaller class size is the instructor can give me more personal time and can help me correct my poses. But the down side of that is I am so sore after class!!!! She beats me up :)



I also started this week using the PiYO slides. Oh my goodness I had no clue I could sweat so much. I did the full body blast and when I was done I was in a puddle of sweat! I haven't done Strong Legs yet. I am finishing up another week of Turbo Fire and then I'm going to make PiYO my main workout again. I'll still do some of the Turbo Fire workouts when I can fit them in. I have to add that one of the reasons I love these programs so much is that there aren't any rules. They encourage you in the work outs to make them your own. To compare this to school these work outs are like recess!! Just lots of fun, but with amazing results!

FITNESS TIP #6- Reward Yourself!!!
Since I don't have a disposable income there are lots of things I want and I can't afford.  I love using Pinterest.  I have a board title "Gifts". If I see something I like I put it in the Gift board.  About a year ago when I started my work out plan I gave myself rewards based on weight I lost. I told myself after 10 pounds lost I could get myself a gift, then the next 10 pounds another gift. This gave me so much motivation! I really loved getting some things for myself even if they only cost $15.00 it was still a big deal that I earned it.

I heard a contestant on The Voice the other night say, "My father always told me a life without goals isn't a life worth living." I say make some goals and go out and achieve them! Oh and reward yourself along the way :)



WHAT WE ARE EATING-
In the crock pot I have a 15 bean soup with diced ham. Aren't the beans so pretty! This is the type of meal that I will add a little of this and a little of that each time I serve it up.




In the directions for the Cracklin' Chicken she writes, 
  • Dry the chicken thighs well, and season both sides of the thigh with salt, but ONLY the meat side gets additional seasoning and/or pepper. If you put other seasonings on the skin, it’ll run the risk of burning. Then, everyone will be sad. Tears are not tasty.
That made me laugh :) 

(this meal is our family's favorite)

Oh those short ribs are the best!

If you want to join me in my Fit Along here are the steps:


Have a great weekend! See you next Friday.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

good stuff andee!!! we don't eat healthy around here. we don't eat junk but we eat a lot of "too" comfort food!!!!